We’re here to connect you with all the awesome volunteer groups run by your neighbors, key resources like what stores are open or delivering, and ideas for keeping families and kids active and happy! See the Toggle Menu on the left for everything.
Resource Finder / Sitemap
Connect With Arlington, MA Town Alerts
Town government continues to provide support for residents impacted by COVID.
- Sign up for Town Alerts, using whatever channels you prefer.
- New to Arlington, MA? Read the town guide for new residents, and welcome!
- Current Arlington Health Department notes on COVID issues.
- Kids in school? Arlington Public Schools have a COVID portal for current policies.
Pre-2022 Content for Arlington during COVID
Arlington Helps Volunteers
Arlington Helps is an allied group of volunteers that provides various kinds of support services in their Facebook group. There are several other private Facebook Groups with super-helpful Arlingtonians too.
- The town has now partnered with AFC locally to offer COVID-19 testing to residents in some cases.
- Take the Amazing Arlington Community Needs Survey NEW 31-March! What issues are you facing in the age of Coronavirus? How are you volunteering? Let the town know in this new survey.
- Read important Town updates every afternoon: https://arlingtonma.gov/covid19, or sign up for email alerts & updates
- Business Owners we list resources for businesses
- Help collect PFE/Masks for Town first responders
- Town Election now June 6th Town elections officially postponed, and Town Meeting will also be posponed (date TBD)
- Robbins library posted an amazing list of online resources for you
Official Government Sites
- Massachusetts Official Sites
- Mass Coronavirus information overview page updated throughout the day; comprehensive links to all state resources
- Mass Public Health COVID cases tracker, including an archive of detailed past counts
- How to get tested, which is generally call your physician first (exceptions for first responders, grocery workers, etc.)
- Mass Attorney General - Resources for dealing with debt - key rights for employees or those with debts
- Arlington Town Government Updates, updated each afternoon, so check back; also signup for important Arlington Alerts
- Arlington Schools Enrichment Site - new site with distance learning materials for kids in APS
- IRS Tax Day Officially Extended to July 15th, Mass Dept. of Revenue follows suit (official sites)
- US Centers for Disease Control
- CDC COVID-19 Home Page, regularly updated
- Printable CDC Fact Sheets, including in Spanish and Chinese.
Reputable Science Resources
- COVID19 Tracker - best overall US dashboard of case numbers with strong research
- Coronavirus in a Nutshell - excellent video that explains issues around COVID-19 in plain language - and is well researched (See their source list)
- Wirecutter/NYTimes Guide About Coronavirus is well written and researched, including great articles like how to sanitize packages when they’re delivered.
- Safety Practices for Food Supply And Distribution - useful booklet PDF (download) about safely preparing or delivering food to those in need.
- How Long Coronavirus Can Survive On Surfaces (Johns Hopkins research paper)
- The Lancet’s respected scientific journals coverage of COVID-19.
- WHO’s meta-listing of scientific papers on COVID-19.
- Georgetown’s new meta-database of thousands of COVID-19 scientific papers called CORD-19
- New York Times coverage on COVID-19 is now free for all (not paywalled).
- Johns Hopkins data visualizations and maps about the spread of COVID-19
Need Your Help
I’m actively looking for collaborators to help turn this site into a master jump-off point to better publicise the many different volunteer groups and efforts in Arlington. Email me or see the CONTRIBUTING guide. I’m also happy to add links to any organized volunteer groups in town, as well as supporting both the Amazing Arlington campaign the town is running, as well as the Arlington Helps volunteers!
Arlington has a number of great volunteer groups that have been self-organizing individual lists - of people able to drive, where to get supplies, or the like - so many thanks to those volunteering. But we need a way to coordinate between them all. This site takes inspiration from one just a town over from us, the Mutual Aid Medford And Somerville Network. Thanks to them for coming up with a structure and for suggestions on how to duplicate their framework!
Looking For Another Arlington?
This site is for Arlington, MA - if you have a similar site for any other Arlingtons out there, let us know and we’ll link to you too!
|Arlington, VA||Arlington, TX||Arlington Heights, IL||Upper Arlington, OH|