Here’s a list of all the groups offering volunteer help of various kinds for everyone in Arlington. Nearby towns have their own mutual aid groups offering help or see the list of stores/restaurants open in Arlington. The town has now partnered with AFC to offer COVID-19 testing to residents in some cases.
Key Town Resource Lists
The town has collected several key resource lists with direct links to town or state programs or law changes in each of these key areas.
- Landlord/renter laws, affordable housing, and utilities bills assistance
- Employment and Financial assistance, including filing for unemployment, local grants, and Mass Hire jobs program
- Town programs for businesses and CARES act tips, including advice for restaurants and performers
- Mental health and wellbeing resources - a wide variety are available for all
Arlington Groups Offering Help
- NEW! Food Arlington schools now offer free weekly delivery of breakfast/lunch to any student, dropped off on Wednesdays at home. Contact email@example.com for details. Available for all Arlington students.
- Everything Arlington Helps - Anonymously request help like shopping, supplies, or checkins - they have a wide range of volunteers available! contact: https://www.facebook.com/groups/201015774573867/
- Food Arlington EATS - Need food? They have weekly market, emergency, senior, and school vacation lunch programs. (Website) contact: https://www.arlingtoneats.org/help/contact-us/
- Food Food Link MA - FoodLink MA provides hotline and coordination with local food pantries. (Website) contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food Project Bread Food Source Hotline also at 1-800-645-8333 TTY: 1-800-377-1292 provides referrals to all food sources across Massachusetts.
- Food Pandemic EBT has been expanded, and now offers more assistance whether or not you have DTA benefits (SNAP, TAFDC).
- Food - store reports Log your own experience in grocery stores, or discuss in the Local InStock And Needed Essentials - new Facebook group for posting reports of what’s still in stock in stores or to swap items
- Pets Arlington Pet Food Pantry - Fido or Fluffy hungry? Ask for food or see if there are donated supplies for your pet family. (Facebook Group) contact: email@example.com
- Pets MSPCA Statewide list of Pet food pantries
- Housing Arlington Housing Authority (no new programs posted as of 4-Apr)
- Housing Housing Corporation Of Arlington (14-April) Evictions suspended around COVID, other programs available
- Housing Somerville Homeless Coalition (donation link for their program)
- Internet See the list of all internet deals/discounts due to COVID, and also Comcast offers some free internet services
- Phone, Internet Mass Lifeline services provide phone and internet at reduced rates to low-income families
- More Regional Services are listed on State Sen. Cindy Friedman’s website.
State Programs For Food Assistance
There are several new or improved state programs around food assistance - please let anyone who might qualify about these important benefits!
- Pandemic P-EBT now offers additional EBT food support for families where children qualify for free or reduced price school meals. UPDATE P-EBT is expanded, and they offer more benefits, whether or not you have DTA benefits (SNAP, TAFDC) - in partnership with Project Bread.
- IMPORTANT Read these detailed instructions on activating your P-EBT card (en español) - you need both letters and your case number, not SSN.
- Mass Legal Services has information on expanded SNAP benefits, and a helpful guide for other COVID-19 related assistance in MA.
- Child Nutrition Outreach Program has details and maps of school districts providing school meals during the shutdown.
- Mass DTAConnect SNAP allows you to apply for SNAP benefits if eligible.
Hyper-Local Volunteers: Arlington Helps Pods
The Arlington Helps volunteer group is helping many neighborhoods setup “Pods”, or local volunteer communities centered around a few blocks or streets. See what volunteer pods are available so far to reach out to.
Got More Ideas?
Email us your suggestions - we update this site frequently!
Neighbors are here to help!