Spring weather is here - it’s time to get outside, take a walk, and look for bits of cheer all around you. Here are resources to keep you entertained and moving around if you’re stuck at home. Remember: The Town needs you to #CoverYourFace and keep social distancing when you’re out exercising - yes, even on the bike path please!
- Interactive photo map of Arlington’s Open Spaces - an amazing resource from Arlington Open Space committee!
- Circumnavigate Arlington! See how courtesy of A-list writer George Stephans below.
- There are more local maps for walkers with great routes:
- Just step outside at 6PM and say hello to your neighbors with the town #Arlington6At6 program!
- Go on a bear hunt with kids around town.
Looking for more of a challenge? George Stephans on the Arlington List has written up a guide and map for how to circumnavigate our town! Walking, running, whatever - it’s a new way to see our town at your own pace. Donations to Arlington EATS or another local charity recommended if you want to make your own achievement!
- Overview page and participation sign up (you can walk the route anytime)
- Description of the route and turn-by-turn directions
- Map of the route and GPX coordinates
With George’s circumnavigation, please note:
- Participate whenever you want
- Walk, run, or bike
- Cover all or part of the route
- Start and end wherever you want
- Divide your travel into as few or as many trips as you want
- The only rules are to stay safe and have fun!
Mental Health Resources
With various stay at home orders, doctors are using new tools for telemedecine and remote visits, and many insurance companies have updated their policies for mental and physical health visits. It’s worth a call to your provider to see how to still get help staying at home.
- MA State guide for mental health resources
- Helpful VOX article on accessing mental health therapy remotely
Got More Ideas?
Email us your suggestions - we update this site frequently!
Time to get outside and get walking!