Run a small business and trying to figure out how to make it work here in Arlington? There are some resources out there, and the town has several programs designed to help.
New Town Business Dashboard
The town planning department has just released a new local business dashboard with new features like resarch tools for customer bases, competition, and trends, and a local start-up guide. If you haven’t waded through the town website, there are plenty of resources in there for businesses.
- NEW Apply for a temporary outdoor business permit for restaurants, fitness, and arts related businesses.
- COVID-19 Pandemic specific resource lists with local details about CARES Act / PPP loans, and SBA resource centers, as well as links for nonprofits.
- Planning & Community Development department homepage.
- Restaurants selling groceries may now submit fast-track applications. If your restaurant is selling groceries alongside takeout, let us know!
How To Get Noticed
Besides all the obvious ways to market to people staying home, there are several widely-shared business listings and groups available for Arlington businesses. Each listing or group is waiting for your updates!
- Contact the town’s Planning & Community development group to update your Arlington Open Businesses
- Update your Support Arlington Businesses listing in the sheet, and thank Patricia Harrigan Browne and volunteers for building the app that showcases business listings. (featured in Your Arlington).
- Restaurants should contact Gary Goldsmith to update their Arlington Restaurant Status, including hours and details of which takeout/delivery/pickup services you use. (featured in Your Arlington)
- Support Arlington Center is a general resource helping promote diverse and successful small buisnesses in the center. (Also on Facebook)
- If you’re on Facebook </span> there are several groups promoting local businesses:
- Vibrant Arlington runs local ads for local businesses, sharing your photos and ads each day _(by Stephanie Ford-Weems))
- Support Arlington Heights works to support the Heights business district, including events and planning for a vibrant shopping district. (private group)
- Arlington MA Small Business Group is here to help make connections and promote small local businesses. (public group)
Got More Ideas?
Email us your suggestions - we update this site frequently!
Shop Local - More Important Than Ever!