Need groceries but don’t want to shop in person? There are options out there beyond Amazon Fresh, Instacart, or Peapod. Many restaurant wholesale distributors - and local farms! - are now offering retail delivery or pickup. If you need food now, check out the In-Stock Grocery Trackers, or for takeout meals, see Gary’s Arlington Restaurant Status list!
Worried about food security? Neighbors want to help!
Where To Order Groceries And Food
- MA State guide and map to local farms offering delivery or pickup.
- Local Restaurants Doing Grocery Delivery
- Local Shops / Farmstands - now offering either delivery or contactless pickup
- D’agostino’s (Arlington Heights) Delivery: Order via phone (781) 646-4949 for deli or any of their groceries and either delivery >$50 or cubside pickup.
- Verrill Farm (Concord, MA) Notes: Open for regular shopping.
- Russo’s Market (Watertown, MA) Pickup: Curbside: Russo’s boxes are placed in your trunk. Notes: Closed for in-person shopping.
- Dave’s Fresh Pasta (Somerville, MA) Delivery: Delivery of basic groceries; $10 charge. Pickup: Curbside pickup of phone orders.
- Savenor’s Meat Market (Cambridge, MA) Delivery: Meats and various groceries; order via Mercato; $30 minimum. Pickup: Order for store pickup via phone.
- Iggy’s Bakery (Cambridge, MA) Delivery: Bakery items; no minimum; no delivery charge on $20+.
- Pemberton Farms (Cambridge, MA) Delivery: Some delivery is offered through the marketplace. Pickup: Normal in-person shopping.
- Formaggio Kitchen (Cambridge, MA) Delivery: Delivery available; free over $100 orders. Pickup: Curbside pickup of online orders.
- Wilson Farm (Lexington, MA) Delivery: Order via Mercato for delivery or pickup. Pickup: NEW! Pickups are now behind the farm on the lower level - follow signs down the driveway past the floral shop around back. Notes: Delivery or pickup times vary depending on the day; keep trying if no times are available.
- Farms, Farm Coops, CSAs
- A master list of New England farms that deliver to MA; be sure to check with individual websites for details. A great way to support farmers directly!
- Somerville Winter Farmer’s Market offers pre-order only for weekly pickups from a wide variety of vendors in their location.
- Farmer Dave’s offers a 9 week CSA farm share - Kristin Anderson has arranged a weekly drop-off of these shares on Fridays at 60 Lowell St, and the team is committed to keeping them sanitary. Accepts EBT/SNAP payments for a full share! Call (978) 349-1952.
- Wright-Locke Farm (Winchester, MA) has weekly meal boxes of various sizes for weekends, including foods from Essex Catering, Mamadou’s Artisan Bakery, Drew’s Stews, Source Bakery, Red’s Best Seafood, and OMG! Bakery.
- Mass Food Delivery (Massachusetts) Delivery: Weekly farm shares delivered; $30 minimum and $10 charge.
- Red Fire Farm (Montague, MA) Delivery: Weekly farm shares delivered.
- Thatcher Farm (Milton, MA) Delivery: Weekly delivery service for dairy. bakery, some meats, and other items.
- Brookford Farm (Canterbury, NH) Delivery: Tuesday weekly deliveries of dairy, organic veggies, and some meats; $75 minimum order.
- Specialty Shops
- Stillman Quality Meats (Hardwick, MA) Delivery: Weekly deliveries of meat; $50 minimum, $12 delivery fee.
- Walden Local Meats (Western Mass) Delivery: Monthly CSA share of wide variety of meats.
- Neighborhood Produce (Somerville, MA) Pickup: Call for store pickup; 48 hour turnaround.
- Buenas Empanadas (Somerville, MA) Delivery: Weekly delivery of empanadas.
- Jaju Pierogis (Somerville, MA) Delivery: Occasional deliveries of “Polish comfort food” kits.
- Hooked Fish Shop (Somerville, MA) Delivery: Mid-week delivery of fish straight from the pier; no charge via EverGreen Delivery.
- In Season Food Shop (Somerville, MA) Pickup: Safe shopping by appointment only at various stores at Bow Street Markets.
- Boston Smoked Fish (Boston, MA) Delivery: Smoked fish deliveries; no charge over $50.
- Wholesale Distributors - now offering bulk ordering to non-restaurants
- Baldor Foods (Massachusetts) Delivery: Delivery of a wide variety of products, usually in large quantities, with $250 minimum.
- New England Country Mart (Massachusetts) Delivery: Launching soon: home delivery packages from this wholesaler.
- Imported Foods (Boston, MA) now delivers via the UsePepper app to Arlington.
- Costa Farmers Market - Costa (Boston, MA) offers $25 veggie or fruit boxes and other items for pickup from Costa in Boston (Reports note they’re pretty big boxes).
- Accardi Foods now offers boxes and meal kits with a variety of Italian specialties, as well as some wholesale products to retail customers.
- Restaurant Depot now offers one-day passes to retail customers, and allows Instacart shoppers in the store for you too.
- Looking for something unusual? Eater Boston has a larger list of local provisions purveyors who now sell to households. More ideas around the Boston area (including local liquor stores that deliver!) are on the Shop Local, Eat Local, Support Local listing.
Got More Ideas?
Email us your suggestions - we update this site frequently!
Yum, yum, what’s for dinner!