A brief survey of internet, phone, and similar companies offering discounts or payment plans during the crisis. If you are a geek, please volunteer to help maintain this site!
There are many sites listing internet/phone discounts. A key resource is also the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected initiative, focused on limiting shutoffs or penalties for late payments.
- Comcast Internet Essentials program - free to new applicants 2 months; also making XFinity wifi free and fee/late forgiveness
- RCN Internet & Phone - pledges to not disconnect, fee waivers
- Verizon Covid updates - various discounts/waivers
- US FCC LifeLine Support site - offers discounted internet access to eligible US customers (FCC Explanatory Guide)
- Altice Internet - two months free for K-12
- AT&T Covid updates
- Consolidated Communications Covid updates
- Comcast Covid updates
- Cox Communications Covid updates
- Charter / Spectrum Covid updates - free access to new customers two months; free wifi access
- Earthlink Covid updates
- Mediacom / XTream Covid updates
- Sparklight Covid updates
- Sprint Covid updates
- TDS Broadband Covid updates - two months free for K-12
- T-Mobile Covid updates
- Other Useful Lists
- PCWorld article covering data caps and some details ()
Got More Ideas?
Email us your suggestions - we update this site frequently!
Don’t Watch The News - Read A Book Instead!